Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bad Dog

Ok, let me get this straight right now - Sadie is NOT a bad dog. She just does bad things sometimes.   I am going to have to take most of the responsibility for somehow raising a dog with "issues".   Some of her oddities - she refuses to drink out of her water bowl and prefers the toilet.   She is afraid to take her toys out of her basket, she will not enter a small room if someone else is standing in there, in an effort to make a "nest" every night under my bed, my 80 pound dog paws and scratches and turns in circles for about 10 minutes before she turns around.    As a result, she has torn through the carpet, the carpet pad and is now working on the sub floor.

 
Sadie thinks she is hiding under the bed
She will eat anything at all except pierogis.  If she knows there is food on the counter she will set up camp in the kitchen and stare at the desired item until we take pity on her and give her a taste.  She is even willing to share with the kittens.

 About a year ago, I noticed things missing from around the house.   One of my running shoes, a beautiful new scarf my girlfriend gave me, my Victoria Secret strapless bra, a camisole.   I searched high and low - especially for that bra, which was pricey and the only one that stayed in place.   Sadie has a doggie door, so I checked outside in the yard and garden.   No luck.  

Fast forward one year and I am cleaning up my garden after winter.   I notice I tiny little string in the corner - perfectly covered with dirt and mulch.  I pulled and out came: 

And then yesterday, I was planting my Rosemary and saw a scrap of red in the garden.   I pulled on it and out came this!
She also likes to  help me knit....

Makes short work of a tennis ball.....

And, when I am not home she climbs into bed and watches TV.....

No comments:

Post a Comment